April 12th, 2016
Whether you’re new to town or looking for a fun activity on a slow day, this list will provide you with some great activities to do in the Syracuse area.
The Rosamond Gifford Zoo at Burnet Park – is like nothing else in the area. They strive to provide their guests with “the best day ever.” “Rosamond Gifford Zoo at Burnet Park is among the top 10 percent of zoos in the country as an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and is dedicated to connecting people to the natural world by providing engaging guest experiences, exceptional animal care, and unparalleled conservation education.”
Destiny USA – The place that has it all. You can get a full day of experiences in an establishment that is so big it needs its own area code! It is New York’s largest destination of its type with over 250 places to do everything from shopping, Go-Kart racing, an antique carousel, and the world’s largest suspended ropes course in WonderWorks. Destiny USA is a destination you can visit over and over again and have a fun, memorable experience every time!
The Erie Canal Museum – This is the official museum of the Erie Canal and is housed in the only remaining weigh lock building in America. Their mission is “the Erie Canal Museum collects and conserves Canal material, champions an appreciation and understanding of Erie Canal history through educational programming and promotes an awareness of the Canal’s transforming effects on the past, present and future.” It is a great opportunity to show how this building and the canals allowed for the Syracuse area and all of New York to flourish.
Museum of Science and Technology – At theMuseum of Science and Technology there are exhibits that will grab the attention of all ages. It includes an IMAX theatre with different showings throughout the year. There is a lot of hands on things for younger kids to do and stay busy. If you are looking for a cheap day with the kids where they will have more activities than time then this is the place to be. There are always special events going on throughout the week so be sure to check their website!
The Landmark Theatre – Centered in the middle of downtown Syracuse in the heart of the action. The venue is amazing, including a gorgeous balcony and some of the best acoustics. “This venue is awe inspiring with its 1928 architecture and glitz. The variety of shows offered can attract a diverse audience. Patrons smile when they leave – what more could you ask?” said one visitor. Check out their schedule and pop in to see a show of your preference!
All of these sites have earned a Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor. Next time you’re wondering what you should spend your day doing, check out one of the attractions listed above for a day filled with fun and new experiences!
Download our app – make searching for your home as easy as possible http://app.kw.com/KW2HVVTPZ/
Usually when people are looking to move they want it to be a quick and easy process. Often it doesn’t turn out that way. There are multiple items that a seller can do to prevent a dragged out process enabling you to find a house and making it a home. Here you will find steps to take to make your home selling experience a quick and painless one.
- Price your home right – Price your house aggressively and attract more buyers. This can work in your favor causing buyers to begin a bidding war and possibly send the price above the true value of the home.
- Half-empty closets – This may sound like a funny trick but storage space is essential. By having your storage spaces half empty this will make them appear more spacious and appealing to the buyers.
- Light it up – This is one thing that a lot of buyers are looking for–a home with good lighting. There are plenty of things you can do to brighten up your home like putting in higher wattage light bulbs, changing the lampshades, cutting the bushes outside the windows, etc. Before a showing make sure to open blinds and curtains.
- Play the agent field – It is essential to make sure your agent is doing all things possible to sell your home. It can help to look for an agent who is tech-savvy as a lot of leads are found from online sites.
- Clean up the critters – When a buyer walks in to a home the last thing they want to do is see a litter box or smell a dog food bowl. Tidy up all of your animals things and try to clean up the hair as much as possible.
- Don’t upgrade too much – Doing minor fixes can do wonders for the value and look of your home, but making a large investment could hurt you in the long run. Things that aren’t too costly and can help out a lot are a fresh coat of paint, cleaning the curtains, and even changing doorknobs.
- Take the home out of your home – a great thing to do is to depersonalize your home. This allows your potential buyers to imagine the home as they would want it. Stage your furniture to maximize the use of space in a room. Buyers may become more distracted on who lives in the house rather than picturing themselves living there.
- Kitchen is huge – Your kitchen is how you sell your home. This is the place where you will be able to see biggest return on your investment when putting your home on the market. Some of the easy and cheapest things to do are replacing hardware and putting on a fresh coat of paint. Use clean, neutral, smells like fresh baked cookies or a basic lemon cleaner to freshen up the kitchen. Skip the candle or plug-ins for adding fragrance.
- Show-ready – As a seller you want to make your home as accessible to buyers as possible. This means leaving your home as staged as possible. You want an agent to be able to come and show your home whenever they call. Tidy as often as possible and be aware as you go throughout your day.
- First impression is everything – Your home gets judged before the buyers even walk in the door. Make sure your home is welcoming with shrubs and bright flowers. When your home is staged have a bench or maybe even some cookies. Keep up on seasonal things like raking leaves, shoveling walkways, etc.
Following these tips doesn’t guarantee the sale of your home, but may speed up the process!
Download our app – make searching for your home as easy as possiblehttp://app.kw.com/KW2HVVTPZ/
“10 Best-Kept Secrets for Selling Your Home.” HGTV. Web. 16 Feb. 2016.