April 21st, 2016
Whether you are moving across town or across the country, taking a pet with you will take extra preparation. First, make sure that your pet is collared with a contact number on it. As you prepare to move, contact a veterinarian about getting any necessary medicine to help with animal car sickness if needed. If going a long distance, make sure to plan your hotel stops ahead of time to ensure they accommodate your pet. When the day comes to move and you’re packing everything in make sure your pets are in secured and well ventilated crates or carriers.
Vacationing with your pet does not have to be difficult. A vacation with a pet usually includes getting some type of vacation rental that allows you to enjoy a home away from home atmosphere. Although it feels like home, it should give you tons of new territory to explore. Places like Lake Placid, NY and Myrtle Beach, SC are great places to visit.
There are plenty of great places to take your pet for a trip in Syracuse, NY where you can get great views of the upstate scenery. Here are a couple to choose from:
- Onondaga Lake Park (106 Lake Drive, Liverpool, 13088): The county refers to it as “The Central Park of Central New York.” You will see lots of dogs on seven miles of paved paths.
- Highland Forest (1254 Highland Forest Rd. Fabius 13063): The “Adirondacks of Central New York” offers 20 trails for humans and their canine friends. Dogs must be on leashes, though once you venture deep into the woods and you trust that your dog will behave, it’s possible to slip him off the leash.
- Thornden Park (bordered by Madison Street, Ostrom Avenue, Clarendon Street and S. Beech Street): The park with the pretty rose gardenhas paved roads and green spaces that populate its 76 acres right next to the Syracuse University campus!
Whenever you think your pet is not doing so well, you want them to go to a Veterinarian who is going to give them the best care possible. If your pet seems to need care here are some Vets to look into in the Syracuse area:
- Dewitt Veterinary Medical Center (22 Old Bridge Street East Syracuse, NY 13057) looks to provide “Compassionate Care for Animals Big & Small. We are proud to promise that our veterinary clinic provides both state-of-the-art services and compassionate care for all of the animals we work with.”
- Quarryside Animal Hospital (4915 Jamesville Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078) Our goal is to offer the highest quality Veterinary Service and care at an honest price. We aim to treat the client as a friend and their pet as if it were our own. Our job is not finished until our friends are satisfied and our pets are completely and thoroughly cared for.
- VCA Shop City Animal Hospital (105 Shop City Plaza Syracuse, NY 13206) “Our compassionate and friendly staff believe in the strength of the human-companion animal bond and treat each and every patient as if it was our own. We are also firm believers in education, not only for our staff, but for our clients as well.”
If you have a pet, you know how important they can become in a household. Make sure you’re doing your part to keep them safe, happy and healthy!
Download our app – make searching for your home as easy as possiblehttp://app.kw.com/KW2HVVTPZ/